Job Title Sales
Category Sales and Related Workers, All Other
WHO WE ARE:
As a leading distributor of public works equipment, Joe Johnson Equipment (JJE) provides mobile infrastructure-maintenance equipment to municipalities and contractors across Canada and the US. Through our large branch network, we SELL, RENT, SERVICE and SUPPORT Vacuum Trucks, Refuse & Recycling Collection Vehicles, Street Sweepers, Snow Removal Equipment, Mowing Equipment, Ice Resurfacing Equipment, Sewer Cleaners and Inspection Cameras.
JJE is a dynamic and growing organization, focused on an “employer of choice” culture. We have a stable, team-based and collaborative work environment that drives our organization to be best-in-class within our industry.
We offer opportunities across Canada and the US and are committed to providing challenging and rewarding career paths for our employees. JJE provides very competitive compensation packages, robust group benefits and an opportunity to grow professionally.
JJE is a proud subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF SALES
Director of Sales will be responsible for leading and driving the Sales team forward through coaching/mentorship and the development and implementation of strategic sales strategies to achieve revenue, margin, and market growth objectives. The Sr.
Director of Sales will manage three direct reports and 20+ indirect reports, manage key vendor and customer relationships, create sales plans, forecasts, processes, and will partner with executive leadership and cross functional teams to ensure the achievement of sales and company goals overall.
This position will report to the VP of Sales.
The ideal candidate will reside within commuting distance to Innisfil, Ontario.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business & Marketing or a related program OR equivalent career experience
- OMVIC Certification or ability to obtain
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
- Minimum 8 years’ in a senior sales management role in a mid-size or large organization
- Experience working with Sales teams in both Canada and the US
- Strong track record of successfully leading, developing, and attracting and retaining a Sales team
- Advanced experience using MS Office Suite and CRMs
- Experienced in planning and implementing sales structure changes, market mapping, and strategy development
- Strong relationships within the heavy equipment, industrial, rental or construction equipment industry
- Experience in negotiating major contracts and proven ability to communicate, present and influence all levels within and outside the organization
- Experience transacting with government or municipal agencies
- Exceptional sales acumen and ability to navigate and strategize through complex sales deals
- Strong forecasting and analytical skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate, plan, and execute work effectively and independently
- High level of problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with those within and outside of the organization (employees of all levels, external partners, customers, stakeholders, etc.)
- Ability to take initiative and execute on key sales strategies
- Analyze sales performance against KPIs and established targets
- Drive the development of strategic sales plans across various territories and regions in Canada and US
- Provide reports and presentations to senior leadership as to sale’s team progress against targets and drivers for success/challenges
- Provide leadership to the sales organization from day-to-day management to overall sales strategy
- Assist in critical sales meetings to provide guidance and to ensure the close of critical contracts/deals
- Maximize the capabilities of the CRM and utilize data to drive strategies and territory plans
- Provide feedback and input into future opportunities and competitive pressures/threats
- Travel to branches to understand unique market challenges and opportunities and to partner with regional Sales team on customer visits, demonstrations, and training
- Ensure key accounts at each branch are identified and sales strategies are in place to achieve sales growth
- Identify hiring needs within the sales team and assist with recruitment/onboarding
- Train and mentor the sales team, set goals and motivate sales team to align or surpass targets
- Provide constructive leadership that promotes a positive sales culture and creates a learning and open communication environment to enable the sales team to succeed and grow
- Monitor sales team against objectives and identify training and performance management needs
- Remain up to date with industry trends and business landscape
- Seek out potential suppliers and customers
- Attend trade shows and promote product lines
- Complete additional projects and tasks as assigned
- Champion the key values of the organization and be an ambassador for the company across the industry
- Senior Leadership position
- Travel expectation: 30% - 40%, travel across Canada and the US
- 3 Direct Reports
- Based in Innisfil, Ontario office
WHY WORK AT JJE?
- Talented and dedicated team – the best of the best
- Exceptional best-in-class products and service offerings for our customers
- Competitive compensation package with annual increase opportunities
- Robust Group Benefits 100% paid for by the Company – inclusive of Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Travel coverage
- Paid Personal Days
- Charitable Giving Program
- Educational Scholarship Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer Matching Retirement Savings Plan
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Tuition & Professional Development Program
- Federally recognized as certified Employment Equity organization
If you are looking for a new opportunity, then we at Joe Johnson Equipment welcome your application.
We encourage applications from all qualified persons, however only those who are being considered for the position will be contacted.
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify HR in advance and we will provide applicable accommodation.