Job Title Part
Category Parts Salespersons
Georgian@ILAC is a private-public partnership between Georgian College and IL ILAC Higher Education. Operating under the Ontario Government’s framework for PPPs, the partnership brings Georgian’s world- class Diploma and Graduate Certificate programs to ILAC’s Toronto campus.
Founded in 1967, Georgian College offers over 130 programs at its seven campuses in Barrie and the surrounding region. It is the only college in Canada to be designated a “Changemaker College” by Ashoka University.
Established in 1997 ILAC is a leading provider of international education and operates Canada’s most awarded language school. Located in Toronto and Vancouver, our mission is to provide the highest quality service, support and opportunities to our students and employees.
We are looking for experienced, creative, and dynamic individuals to teach in three programs: the General Business Diploma program, the Global Business Management Graduate Certificate program, and the Project Management Graduate Certificate program.
With your colleagues, help students achieve the learning outcomes that will allow them to find exciting careers; encourage them to develop mindsets that value mutual responsibility, life-long learning, diversity, and ethics as well as personal and professional development. Be a part of an institution that seeks to meet the world’s need for innovate thinkers and changemakers across all sectors and locations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Designs and delivers student-centred learning:
· Delivers core curriculum as defined in program charter
· Develops weekly class sessions, activities and assignments which highlight the core curriculum and related topics
· Provides in-class instruction through a variety of modes, creating opportunities for student success
· Integrates industry-focused material into class discussion and assignments
Enables student outcomes:
· Defines and communicates clear expectations about student progress through the learning journey
· Provides instruction that fosters student achievement of course and program outcomes
· Provides both formal and informal feedback (including marking of assessments) that clearly indicates the student’s progress through the material
· Identifies students who are struggling, and intervenes to address roadblocks and challenges
· Identifies resources that support better student outcomes and directs students to those resources·
· Helps students solve problems that may impede successful program completion through advising, assisting, and/or referring students on academic or personal matters·
Ensures that learning activities are conducive to active student learning:·
· Establishes a classroom environment conducive to collaborative learning
· Ensures that activities encourage active student involvement and monitors student participation
· Notes, intervenes, and escalates any case of academic misconduct, harassment or violation of the student code of conduct
Fulfills administrative duties:
· Keeps accurate records
· Submits grade and other reports on time
Additional duties as assigned.
Required skills, experience & education
· Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce, or similar degree from a recognized institution
· 3 or more years of work experience
· Specialization in the specific area/field of instruction, either through education or work experience
· Previous teaching experience is preferred
· Proficiency in MS Office software
· Experience with Learning Management Systems, or the ability to quickly become familiar
For the Global Business Management program
· Masters level education strongly preferred
· Experience with an organization that operates globally
· Professional certification in the area being taught (e.g. Accounting designation, CHRP, etc.)
For the Project Management program
· PMP Certification or equivalent formal credential
· 5 or more years experience in project management
· Some courses require senior-level experience in a project portfolio or program role