Job Title Medical Receptionist
Category Medical Secretaries
Salary 16 CAD (per hour)
Classification: Medical Receptionist
Compensation: $15.20 to $17.60 hourly
Charismatic and detail-oriented Medical Receptionists in the Healthcare/NHS industry might be interested in this job at a company working with OfficeTeam. If you are selected for this Medical Receptionist role, you will be the director of first impressions, providing customer service over the phone and in-person. You should apply for this Medical Receptionist role today if you are a self-starter who finds value working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while providing support and solutions to patients, healthcare professionals, insurance providers, etc. This short-term temporary-to-full-time employment opportunity is based in the Thornhill, Ontario area.
What you get to do every day
- Making appointments, collecting co-pays, and providing receipt of money in accordance with established procedures
- Attending to patient's paperwork when necessary
- Acknowledging patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Ensuring the waiting and reception areas are kept neat and clean; reporting on any damage
- Acting as a liaison with patients and providers in a compassionate and kind manner
- Updating various files and providing general office duties, e.g. faxing, data entry, scanning, etc.
- Helping out in the management of patient medical records
- Efficiently corresponding to telephone calls and directing inquiries in a detail-oriented and effective manner
- Responsible for insurance verifications with health insurance organizationsJob Requirements- Ability to multitask and attention to detail are critical
- Candidates should have experience with insurance billing and an electronic medical record system, as well as social media platforms
- General understanding of medical terminology
- 1 or more years of experience handling multi-line phone systems
- High School Diploma required, A.S. Degree in healthcare/related field preferred
- Prior experience with multi-line phone systems preferred
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Receptionist
- Knowledge of switchboard phones from 10 -30 lines
- MS Outlook experience highly desired
- Medical terminology experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.