Job Title Healthcare
Category Medical and Health Services Managers
The Respiratory Therapist is accountable for the operation of the respiratory service and provides effective, safe and accurate treatment of patients with respiratory and cardiac problems.
The Respiratory Therapist reports to the Nursing Unit Manager (NUM) of the Intensive Care Unit / Respiratory Therapy.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Diploma in Respiratory Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapist (C.S.R.T)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assist in teaching new techniques and procedures to staff
- Good interpersonal skills utilizing sensitivity and courtesy when dealing with patients, staff and physicians
- Ability to accept responsibility when working with or on technical equipment which is life-supporting
- Must have a good working knowledge of equipment and procedures in Adult, Pediatrics and Neonatal areas
- Must be self-motivated and confident in ability to work independently
- External applicants applying to the Saskatchewan Health Authority are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of Vaccination will be required prior to offer of employment.
144 hours of work in a 4 week Rotation.
Shifts (days, evenings, nights) including actual hours, date of commencement and temporary end dates are for informational purpose only and may be subject to change.
The successful applicant(s) must provide a satisfactory and valid Criminal Record Check (which may include a Vulnerable Sector query) before an Offer of Employment can be made.
Expected Start Date: December 13, 2021
Expected Up To Date: March 31, 2022
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
SHA (Prince Albert)