Job Title Healthcare
Category Medical and Health Services Managers
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, and under the general direction of the Director of Mental Health and Addictions Services or "Senior" Addiction Counsellor the primary goal will be to provide clinical services to youth, family and community members regarding addiction and/or addiction related issues by implementing various modalities of addiction recovery programs. Responsibilites include providing informational programming as well as individual and group counseling sessions with clients. This position will be expected to assess individual and group needs of clients and implement plans to help clients reach their goals.
- Chemical Dependency diploma
Additional Training in human services management or administration would be preferred.
Ability and Agreement to become a member of Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF) and actively work towards Certification within the first year of employment.
Minimum 2 years of direct clinical experience including human service management.
Experience working in a cross cultural setting is desirable.
Eligibility to join a professional association.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of diverse health issues, culture and traditions
- Knowledge of addictions screening and assessment tools and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in addictions and their effects on the family unit
- Ability to accurately assess addictions and make appropriate recovery plans
- Ability to screen for addictions and/or addiction related issues and make appropriate referrals
- Knowledge of group dynamics
- Demonstrated knowledge of a holistic addiction treatment model and the developmental model of recovery (DMR)
- Knowledge of community resources in the addictions field
- Knowledge of best practices in the addictions field and harm reduction strategies including the Saskatchewan Model of Recovery Services (SMRS)
- Ability to deliver workshops and lecture material to clients and community
- Ability to work independently to plan and organize work load demands
- Ability to communicate clearly through written, electronic (e.g. Telehealth), and verbal medium
"Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria".
To be considered you are required to apply with a Cover Letter and Resume provided.
External applicants must upload the following additional documents when applying for this job:
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education certificates/transcripts
- Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions
- Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
If you have more than on required additional document, place them into 1 file (preferably Microsoft Word or PDF) and upload under Additional Document on the Apply screen.
**Please note that if all relevant information is not received, your application will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for your interest; only those invited for interview will be contacted.
Geographic Location: Beauval
Expected Start Date: December 14, 2020
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To