Job Title Complex Accounting Senior
Category Managers, All Other
Agilus is recruiting for a Complex Accounting Senior Manager in the Financial Accounting Advisory Services Sector in Toronto, Ontario. You will be a member of the (FAAS) team that consists of dedicated financial reporting and accounting advisory professionals who combine technical accounting skills in IFRS, Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting processes as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge. This newly created team known as the “Complex Accounting Hub” will consist of technical accounting subject matter resources who will act as an accounting center of excellence, focusing on highly complex and/or one-off accounting issues under IFRS, US GAAP and ASPE. Responsibilities:
- You will help finance leaders address the challenges and ongoing changes facing their business and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting, reporting and finance function. You will partner with them to achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards policy implementation and convergence. In addition, you will create innovative commercial insights for clients, and drive improvements in business processes.
- Strong technical accounting experience in IFRS, US GAAP and ASPE in either a consulting or financial statement preparation role.
- Experience writing and reviewing memos or technical consultation papers defining a transaction, relevant guidance applied, contrasting applications and recommended approach
- A deep understanding of, and client-facing experience in, the accounting for one or more of the following topics is an advantage: Revenue Recognition, Financial Instruments, Impairment, Business Combinations, Leases or another complex area of accounting/reporting under the above-mentioned accounting frameworks
- Plan, manage and participate in various engagements (researching application of accounting standards to various transactions, assessing financial and governance processes, assisting with accounting framework transitions, comparisons of different company practices, developing and providing tailored training, etc.).
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and coaching. Lead by example.
- Supervise engagement teams including delegation and review of work performed.
- A Canadian CPA designation (or an equivalent international qualification), and at least 8 years of relevant experience
- Audit or business experience in financial statement preparation or the application of accounting standards in a consulting or external audit capacity
- Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to application of complex accounting standards, finance process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings
- Impeccable client relationship skills
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
- Career with a reputable company that is consistently awarded as a great place to work!
- Competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business.
- Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days, and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Agilus Work Solutions is committed to employ people from diverse backgrounds and we actively demonstrate inclusiveness through fair, equitable and accessible hiring practices. We recognize the strength that comes from different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives and welcome candidates who identify as visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons within the LGBTQ+ community. We feel it is important as an organization that all people have access and opportunity to be employed, to be valued and to be respected.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative format available on [Link available when viewing the job].