Job Title IT & Technology
Category Information Technology Project Managers
Salary 90,000 CAD
You'd like to join Canada's national public broadcast team, but no jobs are currently posted? Please submit your resume to be included in our candidate database: Click here. Internal CBC/Radio-Canada candidates must apply using the link available on the iO job board: Click here.
Job Description - Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Automation (MTIS) (MON06299)
Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Automation (MTIS) - MON06299
Job FamilyTechnical and Production
Language Skill Level (Reading) B
Language Skill Level (Writing) B
Language Skill Level (Speaking) B
Status of Employment Contract
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Please note that this is a 12-month contract position.
As a Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Automation, your role will consist of administering and supporting IT infrastructure in a large company. The incumbent will provide technological advice and guidance to various groups within CBC/Radio-Canada Technology.
In this role, you will:
- Manage Cross-platform operating systems, 75% Windows, 25% Red Hat, Suse
- Monitor system performance and capacity planning
- Oversee systems lifecycle & patch management processes (Quest Kace)
- Stay current with automation technologies and work as a partner to promote its use
- Coordinate with infrastructure and application teams, as required, in delivery of automation operation and services
- Serve as subject matter expert for all operational activities related to the infrastructure.
- Create and maintain sysOps documentation
- Accountable for operational excellence of assigned applications/Tools & processes, with duties including operational, product reviews, feasibility, cost benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, execution and closure for all operational work
- Manage activities of Operational team resources to support and deliver solutions relating to the operation processes
- Coordinate operation support activities, including the development of internal and external communications, establishing roadmaps and benchmarks
- Prepare and present operation plans, status reports and analysis
- Responsibilities include rotational, 24/7 on call support
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT Certification (MCSE, RHCE, CompTIA, etc) is preferred, but we know not everyone gains their professional skills this way
- Minimum Three (3) or more years’ experience working with Windows and Linux systems
- 3 years’ experience in automation technologies in a large scale environment
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Git, Curl and deployment automation
- Strong experience collaborating with others to solve problems as well as experience actively incorporating input from various sources
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work successfully with customers and co-workers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks independently
- Strong experience at effectively managing multiple work streams
- Experience proactively engaging with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
- Working knowledge of Ansible, Powershell and Certificate of Authority
- Experience with CommVault, NetApp and vCenter (vSphere)
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and Windows clustering
- Experience with development workflow and Representation State Transfer (REST) Application Program Interfaces (APIs)
- Experience in designing and supporting mission critical (24x7) environments
- Experience with design principles of high availability solutions leveraging technologies such as local and geographic clustering, load balancing, etc.
- Exposure to one or more of the following data description languages JSON, YAML, ARM template
- Ability to apply critical thinking and strategic concepts to solve business problems
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze situations and risks, determine paths of action, and execute flawlessly
- Detailed-oriented, must ask relevant questions to drill into the details
- Exhibits strong technical decision making
- Good verbal and written communication skills English and French is a huge asset
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website . All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest . In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Job Posting DateMar 10, 2021, 7:01:36 PM
Unposting DateApr 10, 2021, 6:59:00 AM
Proficiency levels of second language:
- = No Level Required
A = Beginner Level
B = Intermediate Level
C = Advanced Level