Job Title IT & Technology
Category Information Technology Project Managers
Salary 112,500 CAD
You'd like to join Canada's national public broadcast team, but no jobs are currently posted? Please submit your resume to be included in our candidate database: Click here. Internal CBC/Radio-Canada candidates must apply using the link available on the iO job board: Click here.
Lead Architect (MTIS) - MON06181
Job FamilyTechnical and Production
Language Skill Level (Reading) C
Language Skill Level (Writing) C
Language Skill Level (Speaking) C
Status of Employment Permanent
As a lead Monitoring Architect, you will be reporting to the Director of Architecture for Integrated Systems Monitoring (IMS), under the umbrella of the department of Architecture and Solutions Development (ASD).
Monitoring Architects are responsible for the detailed technical design of real-time monitoring, alerting and reporting of the enterprise infrastructure (Cloud, Network, Servers, Storage, Databases, etc.) and applications.
A successful monitoring architect works well within project end points, is able to take direction, and relies on extensive experience and judgment to proactively implement and configure monitoring solutions.
Location: based in Montreal with occasional travelling.
- Partner with engineers, administrators, architects, developers and project managers to plan and implement complex, technical monitoring solutions and architecture.
- Identify and implement ongoing opportunities for system and process improvements.
- Define standards and patterns for the Monitoring technical domain. Build technical designs to be shared across the IT organization.
- Identify improvement opportunities that can be addressed through automation.
- Utilize standard methodologies and provide recommendations to improve problem identification and response time in enterprise systems and applications.
- Maintain domain standards complying with enterprise standards, ensuring solutions are optimally designed, secure, well performing and integrated with other solutions.
- Evaluate emerging technology for use in domain.
- Document domain technology used to perform business processes.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate architecture and integration options and make recommendations to management.
- Develop software gateway to integrate and interface between corporate monitoring systems and client systems.
- Provide general technical oversight and mentoring of team members.
- Build detailed technical designs utilized for complex projects.
- Align with the technical direction of the organization and company.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- OS knowledge: Linux, Unix, Windows Server
- Monitoring platform: Solarwinds, Nagios or similar systems
- Cloud monitoring: Azure, AWS, etc.
- Expertise with SQL
- Familiar with SNMP, SMIS and Rest API
- Working knowledge with Ansible
- Experience with an industry standards scripting language: Powershell, Java, Perl, Lua, Python, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Engineering field preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrated track record in an IT related field
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both laterally and up to influence decisions and actions
- Advanced ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Integration with MTIS systems and understanding of the role that Monitoring plays as part of Service Management
Job Posting Date
Proficiency levels of second language:
- = No Level Required
A = Beginner Level
B = Intermediate Level
C = Advanced Level