Job Title Director, Operations Technology, Global Wholesale Risk Technology
Category Information Technology Project Managers
Requisition ID: 91190
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The team is responsible for the implementing, building and supporting the Global Wholesale Operations. The incumbent will join a high performing and collaborative team that provides strategic technology solutions for the Global Banking and Markets Business.
Reporting to the VP, Capital Markets Technology, the Director, as the technology owner, will be responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and oversight of the Global Operations Technology team with a focus on modernization across the portfolio. In this role Director will build and manage foundational components for operations using modern technology that leverage current processes and increase velocity while reducing cost/effort. The Directorâs role includes developing and implementing the appropriate Operations technology strategy, which mitigates operational risk and delivers value, in collaboration with Global Wholesale Operations stakeholders and regional Technology teams. This role ensures business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing internal standards, policies and procedures as well as regulations in Canada (IIROC, OSC), the U.S. (SEC, FRB NY, NY DFS) and abroad (UK FCA, Singapore MAS). The Director will actively pursue increasing business value through the delivery of costâeffective vendorâhosted and internal solutions and the effective and efficient operations of their respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day toâday business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, and conduct risk.
Is this role right for you?
In this role you will
- Build a high-performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates a team by fostering an inclusive work environment
- Manage medium to large projects with IT spend between $2MM and $30MM and lead teams of Project Managers, Developers and Business Analysts.
- Ensure round the clock production support
- Act as a primary interface and conduit between the operational owners and other technology groups to lead the facilitation and execution of operations technology management activities.
- Ensure the timely development and implementation of multiple applications and IT solutions â involving multiple systems, multiple dependencies and multiple stakeholders/business partners â where solutions cross business lines and customer segments, globally
- Ensure high availability, integrity and reliability of programs and processes developed where the consequence of error could expose the Bank to a significant loss or undue risk
- Lead and drive a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and communicate Bankâs risk culture and risk appetite throughout your team
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Strong technical background in Engineering/Development
- 10+ years of IT and business (Capital Markets) experience (existing systems and new technologies).
- Experience implementing medium and large solutions
- Experienced with vendor communication and management
- Ability to build and maintain a strong working relationship with peers and management within the business lines as well as proven ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership and business leaders
- Process knowledge and experience in scheduling, resource allocation, risk management and systems design.
- Critical thinking and continuous improvement mindset and proven experience in leading the group delivering high performance while aligning to group and Bankâs strategic direction.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bankâs six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.