Job Title Cook - Part Time - Winbourne Park Long Term Care - Ajax, ON
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. Thatâs because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company thatâs the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
Youâll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. Weâre in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between â doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that itâs right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoyâwe do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Location: Winbourne Park, 1020 Westney Rd, Ajax, L1T 4K6, ON
Shift: Shift- Early Cook (6:45am-1:00pm), Stock (7:00am- 3:00pm)
Pay rate: $19.17/hr
Required to work as cook as well as inventory/Stock associate
Prepares food in accordance with applicable corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Start Date: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full-Time Temporary
Shifts: it varies - bi-weekly including 1 weekend
Location: Winbourne Park Long Term Care, Ajax, ON
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, pre-cook and/or cook food products as directed.
- Prepare "mise en place" (setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production.
- Clean kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Label, date, store and rotate food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas.
- Communicate effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Cooks? Weâre committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Hereâs how weâll know youâll be successful in the role:
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Food Safety Certification required.
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industryâs best practices.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.