Job Title Registered Nurses/Registered Psychiatric
Category Healthcare Social Workers
REGISTERED NURSES/REGISTERED PSYCHIATRIC NURSES (Full & Part-Time) â Extendicare Tuxedo Villa
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniorsâ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Applicants are invited to apply for the following positions available at our Personal Care Home serving 213 residents from the city and community of Winnipeg, Manitoba. These are in-scope positions with Supervisory responsibilities.
0.4 Part Time Day Permanent
0.4 (2) Part Time Evening Permanent
0.7 Part Time Evening Permanent
0.7 Part Time Evening Term
1.0 Fulltime Night Permanent Charge Nurse
0.4 Part Time Night Term Charge Nurse
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of care delivery and nursing practice in keeping with the Code of Ethics and Standards of the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba/College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM/CRPNM), Manitoba Health Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Care Inc. Standards.
- Ensures resident care is provided within established nursing standards and principles, physiciansâ orders and administrative policies.
- Oversees Interdisciplinary Team Conferences, and addresses family concerns
- Uses the Nursing Process to assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate individualized resident care plans including the provision of care to residents. Monitor residentsâ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physiciansâ orders. Including medication administration and treatments. Observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate.
- Plans, directs, supervises and evaluates the work of Health Care Aide staff
- Organize, deliver and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care, quality of life activities and palliative care as required.
- Orient and train new personnel and participate in in-service education
- Demonstrates charge and leadership skills
- Licensure with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM) ;
- Previous Long-Term Care experience an asset
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the areas of wound management (SWAT certified WRHA/equivalent), infection control, dementia care, least restraint, and zero lift practices
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizing, planning, prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- MDS/computer skills
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check & Adult Abuse
- Satisfactory work record is required.Salary and benefits as per the collective agreement including recognition of previous experience as may be applicable
CLOSING DATE OF COMPETITION February 09, 2021
Interested applicants may submit their resume to;
Deepa Praveen Kumar RNBN GNC
Assistant Director of Care
2060 Corydon Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3P 0N3