Job Title Addictions Counselor Diploma
Category Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other
As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, and under the general direction of the Director of Mental Health and Addictions Services and Addictions Counselor - Supervisor, the primary goal will be to restore, maintain and enhance the recovery of people seeking help for addiction and/or addiction related issues by implementing various modalities of addiction recovery programs. Responsibilities include providing infromational programming as well as individual and group counseling sessions with clients. This position will be expected to assess individual and group needs of clients and implement plans to help clients reach their goals.
- Chemical Dependency diploma
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
- Public relations skills
- Ability to work under stress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in addictions and their effects on the family unit
- Knowledge of group dynamics
- Knowledge of community resources in the addictions field
- Knowledge of best practices in the addictions field and harm reduction strategies including the Saskatchewan Model of Recovery Services (SMRS)
- Ability to deliver workshops and lecture material to clients and community
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Services Act
- Ability to work in a team setting in a positive manner
- Proficient assessment, counseling, and case management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, decision making, documentation and organizational skills
- Knowledge of crisis intervention strategies and ability to appropriately intervene/attain appropriate intervention in emergency situations
- Thorough knowledge of substance abuse and addictions, cause and effects, evidence based models of treatment intervention and their application to diverse populations
Successful candidates will be required to provide:
ï¿½ Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
ï¿½ Certificate/Diploma/Degree as required for position
ï¿½ Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
Expected Start Date: March 23, 2021
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.