Job Title Finance
Category Financial Specialists, All Other
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for a Specialist, Technical Accounting to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, Accounting Policy in the Accounting Services Unit (ASU), part of Pembina’s Financial Services Division. The Specialist, Technical Accounting will work with a team of professionals to develop, implement and maintain new and existing accounting policies, support major transactions and ensure new contracts are accurately and completely accounted for.
Summary of Responsibilities
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contract Analysis – work together with Business Unit accounting, business development, and legal teams to review contracts and assess appropriate accounting treatments under IFRS and US GAAP;
- Accounting Policies – ensure accounting policies are relevant to the business and updated on a regular basis, with sufficient documentation in place to provide guidance and support to Pembina’s Business Unit accounting teams;
- Research and document technical accounting interpretations for complex or unusual transactions;
- Liaise with financial reporting, investor relations, tax, and other departments throughout the organization to assess the financial reporting impacts of acquisitions, dispositions, and other proposed transactions, ensuring accounting implications are understood;
- Develop relationships with, and support Business Unit accounting teams with technical accounting interpretations as requested;
- Provide training on technical accounting issues to individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Accounting standard implementation – review new or amended IFRS and US GAAP standards, quantify impacts on financial statements and disclosures, work with the business to adapt processes to meet new requirements and revise accounting policies accordingly;
- Assist corporate or business unit accounting teams with analysis and special projects as assigned; and
- Contribute to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity.
- Designated Accountant; with previous experience working in public practice and/or the energy industry is preferred;
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience working in IFRS or US GAAP accounting interpretation, analysis, and implementation is a must have;
- Advanced Excel skills is a must, as well as experience with other MS Office tools;
- Experience with Accounting systems including SAP/Workiva/Power BI, and experience applying US GAAP or IFRS 9, will each be considered an asset;
- Effective communication and collaboration skills;
- Attention to detail and research, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Results-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced team environment; and
- Energetic, positive, and self-motivated.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina's growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta's Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.