We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be DoingYou’ll be joining CIBC’s Asset Management (CAM) Technology group within Wealth Management and will be at the heart of CIBC’s technology transformation. As Director, Application Development, you will support and contribute to the technology application delivery roadmap for CAM Technology. The incumbent will assist in shaping the strategic technology direction in accordance with the business agenda, determine technology optimization, appropriate risk management, and provide the development and maintenance capability for CAM technology systems, applications and processes to meet current and future business needs. This role supports a variety of technology disciplines and hands-on development work would be expected (along with its technical leadership capability).
How You’ll Succeed
- Strategic Development & Execution: Support CAM Technology needs as part of an integrated business and technology roadmap, align all technology application services to support those needs and deliver against them. Understand and implement our business strategies, operating model, and processing. Design, develop, implement/execute and support CAM Technology strategies which include: Cloud strategy, Data and Business Analytics strategy, Application Modernization/CCR strategy, Application Health-check and Innovation strategy, Process Automation (QA), DevOps adoption.
- Relationship Management: Become familiar for all CIBC enterprise development practices, standards and governance controls for other CIBC groups and technology vendors, as well as advise CAM Technology on emerging technical trends in the industry and at CIBC, and ensure application services best practices reflect appropriate technological developments for a competitive business position. Collaborate and support the other CAM Technology teams in the delivery of technology modernization that address the strategic and operational CAM business partner agenda and the CIBC technology strategy. Analyze technical risk to support business recommendations and make adjustments to internal operations as necessary to improve performance of the Application Delivery team and associated support teams.
- Subject Matter Expert: Apply knowledge of analytic applications, technologies, and concepts such as Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Business Intelligence, MIS, Hadoop, etc. as well as understanding and active practicing of Agile development methodology. Utilize knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and application development along with exposure to Environment & Production Support. Develop solid understanding of CIBC methodologies and procedures while further expanding your knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for gaining the cooperation and support of others.
Who You Are
- You have a degree/diploma: Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Technical discipline.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You embrace and champion change: You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best. You empower and enable your team to make continuous improvement, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Job LocationToronto 55 Yonge Street, 11th