Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think ''TD'' if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Enterprise Technology provides independent operational risk management oversight and challenge to operational risk management activities executed by the Technology organization and business groups to the management of Cybersecurity and technology risks across the enterprise. They partner with the first line of defense (CIO & CISO organizations) in identifying, reporting, and mitigating Cybersecurity risk issues and provide subject matter expertise in the Cybersecurity risk management practices, operational risk framework and Cybersecurity risks/processes/controls. The group will executes 2A requirements in support of 3 lines of defense framework.
Reporting to the Vice President, Enterprise Technology Risk Management , the Associate Vice President, Enterprise Technology Risk Management will be responsible to ensure a strong, knowledgeable, and independent Risk Management function within the segment and to act as a liaison between Technology and Corporate Operational Risk Management.
Associate Vice Presidents (AVPs) at TD Bank Group contribute to the overall reputation of TD. As executives, AVPs help to set the ethical, organizational and performance standard for the teams they lead and exemplify how an effective performance and development culture functions day to day. An AVP is expected to guide his/her team, collaborating as appropriate with TD partners, to deliver superior results in both the short and long term.
AVPs promote adherence to TDBG’s vision and purpose to be the better bank, and to enrich the lives of customers, communities and colleagues. As part of the general management of their function, AVPs are accountable to deliver against TD's five shared commitments:
• Think like a customer; provide legendary experiences and trusted advice
• Act like an owner; lead with integrity to drive business results and contribute to communities
• Execute with speed and impact; only take risks we can understand and manage
• Innovate with purpose; simplify the way we work
• Develop our colleagues; embrace diversity and respect one another
As a subject matter expert, they will interact frequently with senior management in business units as well as across the Risk Management community and, occasionally, with external regulators, consultants and industry peers.
- Ensures an effective operational risk management framework and culture across all Enterprise Technology Solutions Business Unit CIO’s globally, including establishing operational risk appetite measurement, risk taxonomy, policies, frameworks, and standards compliance
- Ensures alignment to software development lifecycle with appropriate project governance and risk-based coverage across technology and business to challenge, identify risks and provide assessment and findings
- Ensures that risk identification and assessment processes are well established and understood, and that all matters relating to material risks are communicated and escalated in a timely, accurate, and forthright manner and within the established governance framework;
- Leads management reporting and supports TD Board level reporting on Enterprise Technology Solutions’ operational risk management strategy, risk appetite metrics and results as measured against risk appetite including reporting on risk across multiple portfolios, product lines, major risk exposures and decisions;
- Uses relationships with senior stakeholders to coordinate technology risk management information and reporting to drive execution of technology risk deliverables and issue resolution
- Design appropriate risk appetite for technology and establish key risk indicators and monitor effectiveness
- Key point of contact for Technology and Cyber Security Emerging Technology Risks
- Identifies, mitigates and reports on risk issues per enterprise policy / guidelines and ensures appropriate escalation processes are followed.
- Interprets industry experience to determine appropriate key risk indicators and monitor best practices that drive technology risk and regulatory compliance.
- Stay apprised of internal and external technology developments and use of innovative automation/software being used and/or considered by the Bank and what can be utilized for Risk
- Proactively addresses new and emerging risks and evaluates the ongoing effectiveness of technology/cyber/resilience risk appetite, taking into account changes in strategy, the operating environment, operations and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with key business leaders and reports to optimize TDBG’s resources and leverage TD’s operating model to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and scale.
- Builds for the future and provide people leadership; oversee people plans and strategies to attract, motivate and retain a highly diverse, qualified and engaged human resource base to fulfill current and future business needs.
As a member of the bank’s second line of defence against risk, this position has both the accountability and the authority to challenge the work of the first line of defence in support of the bank’s standards, policies, and Risk Appetite.
- Direct oversight and challenge to operational risk management activities executed by the Technology organization and business groups to the management of technology risks across the enterprise.
- Independent Challenge: as a representative of the independent risk management function (e) this role is accountable to assess, challenge, and require improvements to, the risk and control assessment activities performed by business representatives and risk officers across the organization, upholding ORM standards and meeting regulatory expectations
- Industry relevant qualifications and certification in cyber security, information security (CISSP and or CRISC) and or Risk Management
- In order to provide effective oversight and independent challenge the role requires the incumbent to have a good understanding of the following areas:
- Risk management frameworks and methodologies;
- Cybersecurity frameworks, operations, processes, controls and tools;
- Technology operations and processes;
- Cloud service provider management, and;
- Regulatory environment and requirements
- Experience in the Cybersecurity, Technology Solutions, Risk Management, or Internal Audit field
- Build strong relationships with 1st line of defense business partners and provide challenge and push back as needed
- Proven ability to successfully lead transformational change
- Proven ability to manage effectively in a highly matrixed environment
- Skillful communicator and influencer to build relationships, advance decision making and effect change over time
- Ability to digest and summarize complex technical scenarios and to communicate those effectively to business leaders.
- Strong coach and developer of people with a demonstrated track record in talent management
- Highly motivated individual with a track record successfully implementing large scale globally sourced programs with superior results.
- Outstanding people management, leadership and coaching skills with demonstrated ability to create a high performing team and install a positive culture
- Must be able to work with a pool of experts and ensure high levels of service even when the effort crosses organizational boundaries.
- Ability to build for the future by attracting and developing the best people
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, managing multiple deadlines and priorities
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.