Job Title Senior Data Scientist
Category Data Warehousing Specialists
Who needs insurance? Everybody. That keeps us busy. Very busy.
At the Intact Lab, we use machine learning, data science, software engineering, AI, agility, UX and design thinking to transform the customer experience for millions of Canadians.
Simplifying insurance takes creativity, empathy and hard work. We explore, take risks, make mistakes, and learn all day, every day.
Here, innovation is everyone's job. Ready to make your mark?
Workplace: Montreal (2020 Robert-Bourassa Blvd) or Quebec city (5700 Des Galeries Blvd)
As a Senior Data Scientist with the Intact Lab, you'll thrive as a technical expert, thought leader, and teacher with our diverse and highly skilled team. You'll leverage your expertise and knowledge of trends in analytics to make recommendations that solve complex problems and promote best practices across the organization. With the support of a passionate team, you will help create real value for both customers and teammates. Enjoy a work experience that promotes work-life balance with one of North America’s recognized best employers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO HERE
- Develop innovative solutions for trend recognition using machine learning and advanced statistics
- Transform complex databases into relevant conclusions and recommendations
- Keep pace with new approaches and trends and use them in your own solutions
- Help maintain our data mining tools and platforms
- Make actionable recommendations based on the findings
- Work with other departments to promote the adoption of analytical principles within the organization
- Validate the quality of the analytical approach and project outputs of the other team members
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Your Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (mathematics, science, engineering, operational research, economics, statistics, AI, computer science or a related field)
- Your 5 years of experience in the field of advanced statistics, data mining and text mining
- A multi-platform production experience with the following commercial and open-source data mining frameworks:
- Open-source frameworks: R, Python, GitHub
- Expert-level understanding of the underlying theory of machine learning
- Expert-level understanding in either computer image analysis, natural language processing or artificial intelligence
- Your enthusiasm for teamwork
- Your ability to focus on vaguely defined issues requiring the application of a creative approach
- Your strong communication, time management and work organization skills
Here, innovation is everyone’s job and you’ll have the opportunity to make your mark. In return, we promise you the support, opportunities and flexibility to do you life’s best work and be your best self.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals3000