Job Title Bank
Category Computer User Support Specialists
Requisition ID: 136294
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Bilingual Technical Support Analyst, Global Business Payments - Toronto, ON
In this role you will be accountable for the provision of effective and efficient technical (hardware, software, telecommunications), operational support to a highly technical and diverse base of Corporate, Commercial, and Small Business customers of the Bank.
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
Providing technical/customer support for products supported by the Help Desk by:
- responding to hotline calls received from our customers and promptly determining the nature of the customer query to provide viable solutions to hardware, software, telecommunications, product or procedural problems;
- liaising with multiple departments and business areas to effect resolution of problems;
- effectively communicating resolution/recovery procedures, including deadlines to all pertinent areas and following up with those areas on behalf of the customer until the solution has been satisfactorily implemented;
- providing recommendations to customers regarding operational and/or technical changes, to prevent recurrence of similar problems;
- raising problem logs on all issues which negatively impact customer service as per Bank standards and escalating to management to effect pertinent resolutions in a timely manner; and
- working with Subject Matter experts and experienced Technical Support Analysts to obtain viable solutions to customer problems.
Undertaking the implementation of the Bank’s Electronic Banking products in the customer and Bank environments by:
- issuing detailed set-up instructions and operating User Guides to the customer, providing telephone support throughout implementation to resolve hardware, software, telecommunications, product functionality, or procedural problems;
- recommending the customizing of electronic banking solutions/products;
- liaising with multiple areas and departments as required to effect customer/account set-up, necessary authorizations accesses and facilitating connectivity, application and parallel testing to ensure proper implementation; and
- providing input and guidance to first level Customer Technical Support analysts on implementation issues, as required.
Contributing to the sale of Electronic Banking products by:
- working with Global Business Payments and Relationship Managers and Branch Account Personnel on the features of electronic banking products/solutions, implementation procedures, time frames, operational procedures and deadlines;
- Advising as a technical consultant on how a given customers’ hardware and software environment will best interface with a given electronic banking product;
- providing support on sales calls regarding available technical options, and recommending solutions to determine the product or mix of products best suited to the customer’s business needs; and
- forward referrals on electronic banking products/solutions to respective Global Business Payments Sales representatives based on customer requests obtained during support calls.
Contributing to enhancing the competitiveness, marketability, and efficiency of BNS Products supported by CS&S:
- providing feedback/information on competitor product, technical and operational features as observed from interaction with customers or Global Business Payments representatives and providing recommendations to C&S Help Desk Management; and
- reviewing user guides, procedures documents and other customer and internal documentation to ensure that technical and operational issues are satisfactorily addressed.
Contributing to other department objectives by:
- developing, writing, and submitting quality procedures and guidelines to existing products that are enhanced, as well as most common support problems; and
- assisting with the cross training of entry level and other Technical Support Analysts, on the group of products for which the incumbent has been assigned.
Contributing to Department Quality Standards by ensuring:
- Daily Telephone Service Factors established as departmental targets are consistently being met;
- incoming hotline calls are properly logged and updated as per department standards;
- department procedures stay current for the products for which the individual provides primary and secondary support; and
- strict adherence to all documented ISO procedures and submitting changes/new procedures.
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you are:
- Fully bilingual (French and English) both in written and verbal communication skills
- Technically strong in experience to provide operational support with hardware, software and telecommunications troubleshooting
- Resilient and agile to work in a fast-paced environment and with changing priorities
- Knowledge of host to host or FTP connections would be an asset
- Customer service oriented in order to deal effectively with all customers (internal and external) at all levels
- Experienced in building business relationships with members of organizations with varying hierarchal positions, who subscribe to electronic products/services to electronic products/services
- Results oriented and a competent problem solver in order to achieve desirable resolutions to customer problems and exude confidence when dealing with our clients
- Analytical, detail oriented and committed to accuracy
- Able to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Hours of Operation are 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET, Monday to Friday
- While the successful candidate will have a permanent shift, they'll also be required to participate in a rotational shift to work 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm ET every 6 weeks
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.