Job Title Food Industry
Category Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
The Distillery Restaurants Corp., creators of Cluny Bistro, El Catrin, Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill, Archeo Trattoria, Madrina Bar y Tapas, District Pizza and Distillery Events (the Fermenting Cellar and The Distillery District®- Loft) are seeking experienced and motivated hosts and hostesses with a passion for creating an exceptionally memorable food & beverage experience for every guest. The ideal candidates not only understand that exceptional guest service is at the heart of hospitality but that they are an ambassador to Toronto's unique food and beverage culture.
Under the direction of the front of house management team, you are responsible for creating a positive first impression for guests and leaving them with a lasting impression through your keen eye for detail and passion.
Please note, you must have legal permission to work in Canada to be considered for these roles.
The Distillery Restaurant Corp. offers:
- In-house dining perks
- A dynamic culture that encourages and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit
- Bold and lively work environments
- The chance to work alongside the best team in the city
What you will be doing:
- Manage the flow of guests to maximize seating capacity
- Communicate with servers, bartenders and managers to ensure guests have a seamless experience
- Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly
- Accurately take reservations and modify the status of guests in OpenTable
- Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter and debris
- Complete opening and closing duties, ie. daily cleaning, stocking, lounge and patio set-up and maintenance, dining room preparation, moving and arranging tables and chairs, confirmation calls, voicemail, communicating service notes to both the front and back of the house (including VIP’s, allergies, special occasions, etc.)
- Possess knowledge of all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section
- Working knowledge of the menus, menu ingredients, availability, and allergens
- Lead team by example to exhibit, encourage and motivate DRC’s Values + Beliefs
What we would like you to bring to the restaurant:
- EXPERIENCE. You have a year of F&B experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment and working experience with the OpenTable restaurant-reservation system. Please feel free to apply if you've held positions rooted in customer service skills.
- COMMUNICATION WIZ. You're clear and concise when it comes to verbal communicating with guests and/or fellow team members. You also have what it takes to build relationships which leads to customer loyalty.
- PROBLEM SOLVER. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and calmy resolve any conflicts.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and welcome candidates with disabilities to apply for job opportunities with us. Please note that accommodations throughout each stage of the DRC’s recruitment process are available upon request.
The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (DRC) is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process where candidates are respected, supported and valued. The DRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please note that accommodations during every part of the recruitment and selection process are available upon request.
Powered by JazzHR