Job Title Business Analyst 328043
Category Business Intelligence Analysts
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Business Analyst for a 6 months contract position can work remote.
Business Analyst Job Details
- This position requires proficient competency in all areas of business analysis techniques and disciplines. The BA III is accountable for managing the delivery of BA Services on large or increasingly complex projects which are mostly cross-functional in nature. The BA III must possess highly developed communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, change management and leadership skills; working closely with Project Manager resources to transform highly ambiguous environments with competing business priorities into a structured environment. The ability to think strategically, understand organizational implications and risks, and accelerate collaboration between business and technical resources for successful outcomes are key success traits for this role.
- The BA III provides leadership to the Business Analysis COE by driving continuous improvement to standards, techniques and tools, mentoring the professional development of others, and fostering a culture of collaboration and commitment to maturing internal Business Analysis competencies. This position is key to establishing and supporting a Business Analysis COE for the client.
Business Analyst Responsibilities
Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring: Includes planning the overall BA approach and governance, stakeholder engagement, information management, and identifying BA performance improvements.
- Lead in developing and establishing the Business Analysis standards, procedures, and processes that support the general competencies outlined in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) and foster a culture of team collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Support the business analyst team through listening to different members’ recommendations and taking measures to maximize the efficacy of the analytical team. Coordinate and oversee the work of other BA's as it relates to specific projects and ensure quality and integrity in the deliverables. Mentor and coach junior and intermediate level BA's on the core capabilities and standards of the COE.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with business units within their portfolio, using strong and adaptive communication and presentation skills, by conducting regular visits to discuss quality of BA Services and opportunities for improvement and/or additional services.
Elicitation and Collaboration: Includes elicitation preparation, execution, and results confirmation, working collaboratively with stakeholders throughout the process to ensure outcomes are met, communicating information in a clear and concise manner, and accepting changing priorities and inputs from multiple areas.
- Lead, facilitate, and/or collaborate the development of new business strategies and opportunities, program/product roadmaps or operational/technological models in collaboration with business stakeholders and ensure consistency, integrity and benefits realization across the enterprise.
- Demonstrate above average communication and interpersonal skills to achieve acceleration in collaboration between business and technical resources, successfully dealing with conflict resolution and building consensus with stakeholders.
Requirements Life Cycle Management: Analyzes and maintains relationships between related requirements and designs, ensures the integrity, priorities and impacts are addressed, assesses proposed changes to requirements and designs, and collaborates with stakeholders to gain consensus on proposed changes.
- Participate in complex initiatives/projects and provide guidance to requirements management practices across integrated systems, management of multiple stakeholders and their desired needs, and communication in a simple effective manner to all required stakeholders.
Strategy Analysis: Collaborates with stakeholders to identify the business need of strategic or tactical importance, enables the enterprise to address that need, and aligns the resulting strategy for the change to any higher or lower level strategies.
- Act as the portfolio/relationship BA lead for the assigned portfolio stream(s) and be the conduit between the business needs of stakeholders and the agreed to solutions proposed. Provide support to the stakeholders and facilitate changes to the proposed solutions/deliverables to ensure complete understanding and consensus of the changes, their impact and the benefits expected to be realized.
- Provide enterprise analysis expertise in evaluating and defining business needs within the context of a specific project or portfolio and ensure the need will benefit the company and add value to its member base.
- Participate in the execution of business strategies and internal projects to ensure the desired results are achieved efficiently and effectively.
- Understand strategic imperatives of the organization, conduct strategic/tactical business needs analysis with business units and portfolio owners, and negotiate Service Level Objectives, priorities and timelines with IS/Business stakeholders that support the strategic and tactical priorities of the organization.
Requirements Analysis and Design Definition: Covers the incremental and iterative activities from initial concept and exploration of the business need through to the transformation of those needs into a particular recommended solution. Includes structuring and organizing requirements during elicitation, specifying and modelling requirements and designs, identifying solution options and estimating potential option value.
- Lead the high level requirements (User Story/Business/Acceptance criteria) elicitation and analysis process through facilitation of requirements workshops, interviews with key stakeholders, and/or brainstorming sessions, and facilitate design analysis and prototyping sessions. Define business value for epics/features.
- Identify and document viable solution alternatives that meet business requirements, and provide recommendations appropriate for all stakeholders within Project objectives and parameters in collaboration with appropriate Information Services resources.
- Consult and support the Portfolio Manager/Project Manager in Portfolio (ideas)/Program (epics/features) backlog management and prioritization, release planning, scope management, and other initiative requirements as required.
Solution Evaluation: Describes the tasks used during analysis to assess the performance of and value delivered by a solution in use by the enterprise, and to recommend removal of barriers or constraints that prevent full realization of the value. Application of Solution Evaluation tasks includes Prototypes/Proof of Concepts, Pilot of Beta Releases, and Operational Releases.
- Conduct gap analysis effectively against solution alternatives, identifying functional gaps, risks, benefits and pros/cons that will contribute to the overall recommendation of a solution in collaboration with appropriate IS resources.
- Foster alignment of objectives and solution approaches across discrete functional units by working with Architects and Business Leads to identify constraints/conflicts or opportunities to leverage existing technologies for improved integration across the organization.
- Identify process strengths and weaknesses; research and recommend areas of improvement for overall productivity and efficiency. Contribute to establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that can be efficiently measured and are aligned with strategic goals and objectives.
Communication and Team Effectiveness
- Foster a culture of team collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Promote active listening with team members.
- Promote and support Peer Review of team deliverables, contributing to the development of consistent and effective documentation that adheres to team standards and templates.
- Communicate clearly, both written and verbally with directions and minimum level of support.
- Manage own time and schedule within overall project plan, can effectively control scope of own work.
- Timely communication, escalates own issues and potential team issues appropriately.
Contribute to Development COE Knowledge Base:
- Build, mature and deliver capabilities that are appropriate for the client within Business Analysis domain
- Follow policies and standards related to Business Analysis
- Contribute to knowledge sharing among peers.
- Proactively share knowledge with members of IS to help them adopt Business Analysis best practices.
Business Analyst Mandatory Skills
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience in a Business Analyst role and/or IT work experience.
- Experience with process modeling techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with all aspects of Requirements Management, with proven ability to oversee this process.
- Broad BA industry experience and ability to influence change and practices.
- Exceptional facilitation and customer service attitude.
- Results oriented – ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while delivering high quality outcomes, ability to multitask and creative resourcefulness.
- Ability to learn quickly and translate end user requirements into solution designs, while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to change in methodologies and practices.
- Experience with the development and/or mentorship of other Business Analysts required.
- Agile delivery
- Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma with Commerce, IT, Finance or Business Administration.
- Business Analysis Certificate provided by International Institute of Business Analysts (IIBA) endorsed education provider.
- Certified Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation is considered an asset but not required.
- Financial sector experience (preferably in banking)
Business Analyst Assignment Length
Business Analyst Location
Business Analyst Start Date