Job Title Accounting Manager (AccPac
Category Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting…..or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Sunita
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our major government/health clients is looking for an Accounting Manager (AccPac, Sage 300, Prophix, MS Office & SharePoint Systems)
Length: Contract term is 1 year with a strong possibility of extension
Location: Toronto, ON – ON SITE
Working Hours: 36.25 hours per week
To provide day to day leadership in the provision of accounting and accounts payable services and support to ensure the timely processing, reconciliation, control and reporting to management and staff across Public Health Ontario. To manage and mentor financial and accounts payable staff and make recommendations to support strategies for the fiscal operational and budget planning process.
• Provides team leadership of Ontario Government's accounts payable and accounting services functions, develops service improvement plans and ensures the provision of regular and ad-hoc management reports and reporting to the Controller.
• Leads the development AP Metrics and provide monthly reports to management with clear action plan for improvement, if any, liaise with AP team in order to fulfill the action plan.
• Prepare quarterly and semi-annual files for the Integrity Commission. Ensure completeness and compliance with Ontario Government TMH policy prior to submission.
• Manages the processing of all accounts payable transactions (e.g. purchase orders for services and suppliers, honorariums, bursaries, employee expense claims, payroll payments) within established finance policies, procedures and timeframes.
• Manages and directs staff, congruent with Ontario Government 's internal policies and procedures, professional standards, Collective Agreement requirements and other relevant standards, legislation or regulations, including: providing direction and leadership in the implementation of new techniques and standards; assigning staff and implementing work/vacation schedules; setting clear responsibilities and objectives and evaluating performance; advising on training needs, participating in recruitment/selection of staff; dealing with disciplinary issues and responding to grievances in conjunction with Ontario Government 's Human Resources management programs.
• Leads research projects (e.g., legislative, regulatory and policy research) and the development and implementation of accounts payable policies and procedures in accordance with applicable legislation and Collective Agreements.
• Oversees the delivery of presentations/educational sessions to Heads and staff in program areas regarding changes to accounting and accounts payable functions.
• Provides, as requested, expert advice on accounting and accounts payable related matters to the Director and Controller.
• Heads in program areas on policy matters that affect accounts payable.
• Provides, to the Director and Controller, accounting and accounts payable information and senior level recommendations to support current and future strategic fiscal recommendations for operational and budget planning.
• Leads in partnership with the Controller, both external and internal audits work directly with external auditors.
• Leads the month end close process and is responsible for the preparation and review of the monthly financial statements.
• Responsible for the preparation of relevant materials for Audit and Finance Standing Committee.
• Weekly review of EFT's Wires, Expense Reimbursements and Cheques prior to going to Controller for sign off.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of generally accepted Accounting Principles including accounts payable methods, banking, cash flow reporting techniques and best practices.
• Skilled in managing and delivering multiple projects conducted by the unit staff, to enable decision-making and measure results.
• Proficiency in the use of and accounts payable systems and a variety of computer applications, including AccPac, Sage 300, Prophix, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint systems.
• Oral and written communication skills, to inform and communicate accounting, banking and accounts payable functions across Ontario Government, including preparation and presentation of accounting and banking related issues resolution and options to various stakeholders at all levels of the organization; provide subject matter expertise and operational support in the processing of accounts payable transactions and banking reconciliations and reporting.
• Written communication skills, to develop and present regular and ad hoc reports, educational material and sessions and other products/written documentation.
Education and Experience
• University degree in accounting, business or finance, with a professional accounting designation.
• 5- 10 years' progressive experience in managing all facets of accounting and accounts payable, within a multi-union, multi-functional environment.
• Experience with high volume and large organizations IS A MUST.
Attributes and Competencies
• Plans, manages, develops and delivers accounting, banking and accounts payable services that meet Ontario Government 's business commitment.
• Develops service improvement plans.
• Builds networks to negotiate and resolve conflicts that impact the provision of accounting and accounts payable services.
• Informs changes to accounting functions as well as related statutory, legislative and policy requirements.
• Works within Ontario Government 's policies, referring only major deviations, issues and recommendations to the Controller.
• Manages risk within accounting functions by monitoring compliance with all applicable policies including provincial and federal legislation and regulations as well as Ontario Government 's financial policies and procedures;
• Provides expertise regarding the corporate administration of the ADP system and in the provision of senior level recommendations in all areas of accounting and financial services that support strategic fiscal decision-making for operational and budget planning purposes.
• Recommends and implements change to accounting and accounts payable policy and procedures.
• Ensures the daily team leadership and operational management of the accounting and accounts payable functions for timely processing of transactions with the established deadlines.
• Ensure completion of all submitted documentation and processing of all accounts payable transactions (e.g. purchase orders for services and suppliers, honorariums, bursaries, employee expense claims, payroll payments) within established finance policies, procedures and timeframes.
• Provides senior level accounting and accounts payable advice and recommendations to support strategies for the fiscal operational and budget planning process.
• Manages and directs the unit staff. Provides coaching, guidance and feedback, to develop the skills and performance of team members within the team.
• Works in regular office environment with a regular requirement to sit at a desk with limited physical activity required.
• Job works in a normal office environment, in which there is the need to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
• May require travel between offices and to offsite meetings.
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply!
Please visit the TEAMRECRUITER website to review other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!