Job Title Senior Avionics Engineer
Category Aerospace Engineers
Inspired by Challenge. Opportunity with Reward. Committed to Community.
These are the pillars on which PAL Aerospace is built. We operate on a foundation of innovation â itâs at the core of our business, in everything we do. Weâve spent forty years building a strong reputation centered around our âcan-doâ attitude, creating customized, cutting edge solutions for our clients at home and abroad.
When you think of a Canada-born aviation success story, PAL Aerospace Engineering ranks high on the list. Headquartered in Vaughan, ON, PAL Aerospace Engineering (formerly DECA Aviation) works with internal and external clients to create readymade solutions and turnkey engineering and design that push the boundary of innovation. Weâre a proud company of the Exchange Income Corporation (TSX:EIF) giving us the opportunity to work with internal clients across Canada, while maintaining a growing portfolio across the globe.
PAL Aerospace is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Senior Avionics Engineer to join our team in Vaughan, ON.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Carry out analysis and interpretation of customer requirements/technical specifications of systems and components;
- Working with the project management team to provide full cycle services including quoting, scheduling, budgeting and milestone tracking
- Oversee any necessary engineering design changes during installation
- Liaise with clients, TC, suppliers and subcontractors, based on project requirements;
- Define equipment, components, systems and installations specific to enable system testing and fault finding;
- Participate in flight testing and write test schedules and reports;
- Produce aircraft installation wiring diagrams using AutoCAD Electrical;
- Conform with the procedures, processes and standards defined by Quality Assurance
- Prepare compliance reports and records from modification and conceptualization to final approval.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 6 yearsâ experience in avionics system support;
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus in Aerospace Engineering or relevant education/ experience;
- Knowledge of TCCA/FAA/EASA regulatory requirements and airworthiness regulations;
- Proficient use of electrical drafting in AutoCAD;
- Experience with Solid Works 3D modelling would be considered an asset;
- Hands on avionics design/maintenance experience is preferred but not essential;
- Experience with full product development life-cycle for mission-critical applications;
- Experience with aircraft maintenance procedures, test procedures, and safety practices;
- Exceptional communication skills, explaining processes to both technical personnel and non-technical clients;
- Ability to work well within a diverse team;
- A drive to innovate and provide exceptional customer service at all times;
- Adherence to all safety and TC regulations