Job Title Receptionist
Category Administrative Services Managers
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time â
Requisition ID: 6294
Grade: Grade 02
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, youâll go far.
Day & Ross is one of Canadaâs largest transportation companies, serving top brands across North America. We got our start hauling potatoes in 1950, and now we have a team of more than 8,000 employees, drivers and owner operators.
We believe our people are our greatest strength â and we treat them like family. For over a decade, weâve been recognized as one of Canadaâs Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
The Receptionist is the first company contact encountered by a visitor or caller to the business and acts as liaison between the public and the organization. This role supports client groups at the Hartland Head Office location.
This position is all about building customer relationships and corporate brand. The focus of the role will be on maintaining a positive customer relationship while accurately and efficiently handling inquiries, directing calls and plays a role in ensuring all visitor protocols are followed. The receptionist represents the values and culture of Day & Ross to the public by living our values and presenting a professional and courteous approach. Additionally, the Receptionist carries out some administrative support duties in a timely manner, with accurate results within established guidelines.
How Youâll Help
- Greeting customers in a timely manner and inquire as to the purpose of their visit.
- Answering telephone calls and connecting to the appropriate contact.
- Ensure visitors follow all company guidelines for visitors.
- Coordinate and carry out various administrative tasks related to: training facilities set-up, benefits payments, invoicing, mail (in and outbound).
- Draft and send communications.
- Other related duties as may be required.
Your Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education, such as a college diploma in administration or a related field considered an asset.
- 3-5 yearsâ experience in a receptionist or administrative support role.
- Professional and resilient individual with strong customer service skills and attention-to-detail.
- Individual contributor and should be a self-starter able to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong phone presence and professionalism.
- Strong English language skills required.
- Bilingual English/French is an asset.
- Normally 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday; may be required to work different or additional hours from time to time.
- Busy office environment with extensive computer work and handling of documentation
- May be required to visit other locations, including offices, terminals, maintenance shops, etc.
To apply, visit the Careers page on our website at dayross.com
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Function: General & Administration
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Hartland