Job Title Communication Clerk
Category Administrative Services Managers
Requisition ID: 157862
Position Number: 20032324
Posting End Date: November 9, 2020
Site: Riverview Health Centre
Work Location: Riverview Health Centre
Department / Unit: Communication Centre - RHC
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: 11/28/2020
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $18.649, $19.209, $19.785, $20.379, $20.990, $21.620
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. Weâre united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the direction of the Manager, Health Information and Communication Services and general supervision of the Coordinator, Communication Services, the Communication Clerk is responsible for general reception and switchboard functions, responding to emergency code situations and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar position preferred.
- Grade XII graduate diploma, Manitoba Standards required.
- Medical terminology certificate from a recognized college or university required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to retain composure and respond swiftly to emergency situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications, including Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and the use of the Internet.
- Ability to keyboard accurately at 40-50 wpm.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Demonstrated excellence in English written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of people.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Physical and mental health to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Must have 20/20 vision (uncorrected or corrected) and the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to pass a standardized hearing test if required.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.