Job Title Administration
Category Administrative Services Managers
The Receptionist, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor or Area Director, completes day to day receptionist and office tasks as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer the telephone and field calls for office employees.
• Greet customers, clients and staff and handle inquiries in a professional manner.
• Collect, open and distribute incoming mail on a daily basis; maintain mailing lists.
• Maintain a daily activity schedule for employees as required.
• Complete word processing and photocopying as requested by the immediate Supervisor.
• Order, distribute, receive payment and maintain an inventory of in-stock inventory items including stationary, forms and office supplies.
• Coordinate the scheduling of office space for meetings and in-service training as required.
• Take minutes for meetings as requested and maintain corresponding filing systems.
• Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Complete other tasks as requested.
Minimum - Secondary School Diploma; completion of a clerical or receptionist training program is preferred.
A minimum of two years recent experience as a Receptionist in an office setting.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team; demonstrated ability and competency with respect to keyboarding, Windows software, multi-line telephone systems and standard office equipment; ability to speak, read and write English fluently as well as French ; strong commitment to continual learning.