Job Title Senior Financial Analyst- Business Intelligence Finance and Reporting
Interested Applicants to apply by November 8, 2020 before 11:59pm
JOB TITLE: Senior Financial Analyst â Business Intelligence Finance and Reporting
NUMBER of POSITIONS: Two (2) positions
START DATE: December 2020
DURATION: Full time, temporary, one (1) year contract
REPORTS TO: Director, Financial Planning and Reporting
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN, 250 Dundas St West, Toronto
The main responsibilities of the Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) â Business Intelligence Finance & Reporting include performing financial analysis of hospitals, reviewing budget submissions, performing transfer payment reconciliation and financial reporting of the hospital sectors. The SFA assists with various corporate management responsibilities which supports and advances the finance and business functions at Toronto Central LHIN (TC LHIN), including performing month-end accounting functions, balance sheet reconciliations, and assisting with the year-end audit.
- Development of power point presentations and dashboards related to HSPs and Homecare financials, identifies cost drivers and provides recommendation to Management team
- Drives the financial analysis (scorecard, dashboard, etc.) with variance explanation on actual results to forecast, target, and prior period results and identifies risks to budget with mitigating proposals and follow up action plans.
- Implements and maintains of budget and forecast tool for HSP Quarterly submissions and various reporting tools.
- Collaborates closely with Management team to assist with the development of the Ministry/OH reporting to maintain accurate and timely submission of reports
- Provides assessment of financial impact for various initiatives and ensures the provision of in-depth, comprehensive and up-to-date financial analyses on all business proposals
- Monitors expenditures to ensure effective and appropriate use of LHIN funds.
- Performs month-end accounting procedures and analysis.
- Prepares the month-end/quarter-end reporting packages and provides financial snapshot for Homecare management
- Prepares Health Service Providers (HSPs) financial reports by summarizing HSPsâ performance
- Creates reports to assist senior management in the decision making, planning, and reporting process.
- Prepares presentation of financial results together with value added analysis, business risks and opportunities and provides recommendations for improved performance
- The SFA supports Management Team by anticipating their financial requirements in order to drive efficiencies and improve quality
- Assists with year-end audit, including preparation of year-end audit working papers, the creation and maintenance of the fixed asset schedule and assisting with the preparation of year-end audit supporting documentation.
- Identifies issues/risks that may affect the HSPsâ ability to achieve its performance target; develops and implements project monitoring progress and reporting tool, and assists in the development of communication materials related to HSPs financial performance for results tracking
- Participates on special projects on an ad hoc basis to analyze and assess a wide range of financials
- Assists with year-end audit working papers and other supporting documentation, including the creation and maintenance of the fixed asset schedule
- Fulfils ad-hoc requests made by the Director and VP of Finance, other directors and/or external parties
- Ensures adherence to internal and external policies, legislation, Ministry Directives and best practices for contracts management within TC LHIN. Proactively seeks opportunities for optimized process improvements to deliver required objectives including: cost-saving efficiencies, standardization, improved internal controls, service improvements and service delivery
- Meets established internal and external deadlines to ensure timely financial reporting and other key metrics.
- Responsible for finance related inquiries
- Prepares briefing notes for the Director, VP of Finance, and Senior Management team
- Performs other related accounting and office support responsibilities as requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- An undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Must have a recognized accounting professional designation: CPA or MBA or equivalent working experience
- Minimum Seven yearsâ experience with hands-on approach
- Significant experience in dealing with financial affairs of organization and people
- Working experience in Great Plains accounting system
- Extensive experience with a minimum of five years in preparation, review and analysis of financial statements
- Experience in writing financial and budget analysis comments and business cases analysis
- In depth knowledge of, and proven ability to establish budgeting, financial and accounting policies
- Project management experience in overseeing project initiatives for corporate services would be an asset
- Knowledge of HSFR is an asset
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process