Job Title Manager, Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction, Vancouver
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Vancouver
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Have many careers in one Firm.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
style="font-size: 1em; margin: 0px">
Interested in developing your career in Public Sector Assurance? Looking for a fast growing and challenging environment where you will be supported to make an impact on your clients and your team? Apply to the position below
style="font-size: 1em; margin: 0px">What will your typical day look like?
You will manage the planning and execution of Accounting, Finance and Transaction Advisory projects, serve clients and / or support local teams around the country, as opportunities arise, contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice, develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients, and develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel.
style="font-size: 1em; margin: 0px">About the team
Deloitteâs Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory practice aims to provide public sector organizations with confidence in financial information used for decision-making and communications by:
- Providing complex accounting and transaction expertise and accounting standards implementation services; and
- Providing finance operating model assessments, finance process mapping / redesign, and âFix Financeâ projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and CFO / finance effectiveness workshops.
Our practice objective is to enable finance functions to be successful and enhance the value that finance functions can bring to their organizations.
We are looking for professionals who:
- are passionate about advising public sector clients to make a positive impact
- have experience in working for or in public sector organizations; and
- are conversant in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations and Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS).
style="font-size: 1em; margin: 0px">Enough about us, letâs talk about you
You are someone with:
- A CPA, CA designation or equivilancy
- A minimum 5 years of relevant work experience within the public sector
- Capacity to think critically and strategically (i.e. options available, pros / cons of different options, proposed solution) and aptitude in researching better practices and interpretive guidance
- Demonstrated experience in project management discipline and structure
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities â experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members
- Broad advisory skillsets
- Operational ability to translate the âwhat is requiredâ into the âhow itâs doneâ and problem solving skills
- Experience in the public sector is highly desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively in French is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the worldâs best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively â that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. Weâd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. Weâve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.