Job Title Bilingual (French) Fraud Advisor - Part-
Requisition ID: 124541
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
When you join Scotiabank, youâre part of an internationally recognized, award-winning workplace!
Within Global Operations, youâll be contributing to a high-performing culture focused on servicing our customers. Our emphasis is on building the teamsâ expertise and maintaining a solid risk management culture, while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations. You will be part of a team that ensures a corporate culture built around high performance and continuous improvement, recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and the core values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability.
Within the Fraud department, we enable the bankâs strategy by safeguarding our customers and the bank through best-in-class fraud management, customer, and employee experiences.
We are hiring for a number of positions within the Fraud department at our North York office. The office is located at 90 Wynford Drive; it's TTC accessible and has free parking for employees.
Fraud Detection Analyst - full-time and part-time opportunities available
Hours of Operation: 24/7, 365
What will your role be?
- Detect and prevent fraudulent activity with respect to credit cards, debit cards, and online accounts by:
- Analyzing alerts by using various fraud detection tools
- Making a decision, based on your analysis, on the most appropriate course of action
- Contacting customers to discuss suspicious activity
Shift: The shift will be determined and communicated during the interview process. We are committed to providing our employees with a balanced working environment, and your work schedule will be fixed, once assigned; not subject to rotation.
Training: There will be mandatory full-time training for the first 4 weeks of the position for both part-time and full-time roles (Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm).
Inbound Fraud Advisor - full-time and part-time opportunities available
Hours of Operation: Monday to Sunday 7:30am - 12:00am
What will your role be?
- Answer incoming calls from customers and respond to fraud-related inquiries
- Demonstrate your passion for superior customer service and use problem-solving skills to resolve issues
- Carefully review declined transactions and authorize any transactions that are deemed legitimate through analysis and customer verification
- Accurately complete online fraud reports and arrange card replacements for customers affected by fraud
Shift: Permanent, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees during the training period. We are committed to providing our employees with a balanced working environment, and your work schedule will be fixed, once assigned; not subject to rotation.
Training: There will be mandatory full-time training for the first 5 weeks of the position for both part-time and full-time roles (Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm).
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have strong communication skills in French and English
- You are flexible to work during the hours of operation
- You are able to apply your strong analytical skills to make effective decisions
- You are an active listener, demonstrate empathy to customers, and enjoy building relationships with customers to gain their loyalty
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You are tech savvy and can navigate between multiple Windows-based application systems
Why join Scotiabank?
- We value our employees and are fully invested in professional development
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
- We recognize, reward, and encourage high-performance
- Our North York office is bright and modern, is TTC accessible and has free parking for employees
- We prioritize diversity and inclusion and value every voice
Take the first step in joining our Fraud Team in North York, Ontario. If you are interested in any or all of the above positions, Say Hello and Apply today!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.