Job Title Assistant Manager, Public Sector Account
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Ottawa
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Have many careers in one Firm.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
style="font-size: 1em; margin: 0px">
The Public Sector Accounting, Finance and Transaction Advisory group, within the Audit & Assurance practice, is rapidly expanding and we are looking to develop the next generation of public sector leaders. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice. A career in the Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory practice will offer you the opportunity to:
- Increase the confidence and understanding of public sector financial information
- Participate and lead a number of unique and challenging engagements to advise public sector organizations
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise
- Develop client focused solutions through research and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development and to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients
style="font-size: 1em; margin: 0px">What will your typical day look like?
As a Assistant Manager in our practice, you will:
- Serve clients and/or support local office teams across the country, as the opportunity arises (virtually, with some travel opportunities)
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory projects
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients,
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings, responding to client requests through proposal writing, and developing of marketing campaigns within the practice
style="font-size: 1em; margin: 0px">About the team
Deloitteâs Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory practice aims to support organizations by providing confidence in financial information used for decision-making and communications by:
- Providing complex accounting and transaction expertise and accounting standards implementation services
- Providing finance operating model assessments, finance process mapping / redesign, and âFix Financeâ projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and CFO / finance effectiveness workshops.
Our practice objective is to enable finance functions to be successful and enhance the value that finance functions can bring to their organizations.
We are looking for professionals who have experience in working for or in public sector organizations, or who are passionate about advising public sector clients. We are looking for candidates that are conversant in IFRS, NPO (Not-for-Profit) and PSAS (Public Sector Accounting Standards).
style="font-size: 1em; margin: 0px">Enough about us, letâs talk about you
You are someone with:
- Must have a CPA, CA designation or equivalency & possess a minimum 4 years of relevant public sector industry experience
- Must possess project management discipline & structure, with demonstratable experience with delivery of the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experience with broad advisory skillsets including project problem diagnosis, solution development, client commmunication, facilitation of decisision making, documentation, managing client expectations & team leadership to demonstrate: operational mindset (ability to translate the âwhat is requiredâ into the âhow itâs doneâ), strong facilitation & presentation skills,
- Capacity to think critically about issues from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options, proposed solution) & aptitude in researching better practices & interpretive guidance
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, & team-building skills, including being a role model for others & imparting knowledge & experience to junior team members
- A desire to leverage technology in performing work, including running virtual projects, leading collaboration tools, driving efficiencies in data analysis through Excel, VBA etc.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, & Word skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in French is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the worldâs best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively â that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. Weâd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. Weâve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.