Job Title Accounting Manager/Supervisor
Salary 75,000 CAD (per year)
Classification: Accounting Manager/Supervisor
Compensation: $70000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Reporting directly to the Director of Accounting, the Accounting Manager is responsible for monitoring, evaluating day-to-day accounting activities and preparing various weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting. The Accounting Manager addresses tight deadlines and accounting activities such as general ledger preparation, management reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. This role is a well-suited for someone looking to be part of a high-performing leadership team and help drive business forward.
• Support the CFO, Director of Accounting and Accounting team to build and articulate the Company’s financial performance
• Ensure accurate and timely month end financial reports and year end audits
• Establish internal controls including the development, recommendation, and implementation of policies
• Ensure effective quality/risk management activities are developed, implemented, and evaluated to minimize organizational risks
Financial and Operational
• Provide day to day oversight and direction to the accounting team to ensure the accounting, budgeting, business, and internal control procedures are in place and functioning properly
• Manage financial close process and review month end working papers performed by accounting staff
• Maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credits reference check, inventory, freight, and logistics accounting reconciliations
• Prepare and review month end supporting schedules
• Develop and maintain effective internal control over accounting functions including review of transactions and account reconciliation
• Prepare and present variance analysis and KPI
• Review of monthly GST/PST reconciliation and remittances
• Ensure best practices comply with external and internal audit requirements
• Review, analyze and interpret periodic financial results, providing recommendations to senior management on significant variances and trends requiring immediate action or mitigation
• Oversee documentation and implementation of accounting policies and internal controls, establishing best practices for the Accounting and Finance team
• Oversee and record daily treasury related tasks
• Liaises with auditors for interim and annual audit requirements
• Assist with system implementation
• Assist with various ad hoc requests
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce
• Recognized professional Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
• 6-8 years of relevant senior level accounting experience. Preference will be given to those with experience in a public company and/or manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated technical ability in accounting, financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting with the ability to act as both a hands-on technician
• Experience in IFRS
• Strong organization, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skill with the ability to explain complex financial information in a manner that is easily understood by all audiences
Please apply today!
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at [ Phone number blocked ] . All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.